Byrnes Communications is one of the few independent broadcasters in Ontario that believes in the importance of local news. We reach over 130,000 listeners every week in Oxford County and beyond. Our website www.hearfm.ca provides critical local news daily and is one of the region’s most visited websites based on page views. We just promoted the person who held this position for several years to news director, so we are looking for our next news dog.
- Responsible for writing and delivering all aspects of afternoon news both on-air and online for CIHR-FM.
- Responsible for producing and delivering accurate and relevant newscasts, with a focus on local news and other stories that will affect our listeners.
- Improve our station’s image as a reliable source of timely local information.
- Ensure that our news is published on relevant websites and social media channels in a timely manner while maintaining its accuracy.
- Build positive relationships with local news and public affairs sources.
- Always be up to date with what’s happening in the Oxford County community and surrounding area, so we can be the first to deliver important news to our listeners.
Skills and qualities required:
- A degree in broadcast/broadcast journalism and at least one year of on-air experience at a commercial radio station;
- Excellent writing skills [for the ear] and direct delivery;
- Strong website, social media and video skills are important;
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to type accurately at least 50 words per minute;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- A working knowledge of Burli information software would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license (Ontario).
- Relocation to Woodstock or Oxford County is a requirement
Southern Ontario is a great place to live, work and play. If you are a team player with a great work ethic and love business, then we want to hear from you. Send your cover letter, resume and live demo to email@example.com with News in the subject line.
Byrnes Communications is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted.