SIDNEY – No injuries were reported in a house fire at 2669 El Rancho Road in Sidney early Friday morning.

Sidney Volunteer Fire Department Chief Matt Butts said the fire was contained to an area in the kitchen.

The Red Cross and the Fire Department are helping the family of eight who have been displaced due to fire damage.

16 firefighters responded to the call at 12:59 a.m. and remained on site for 2:30 a.m.

The fire is being investigated by the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office. The Sidney Police Department and Western Regional Emergency Medical Services also responded to the scene.

SVFD also responded to another fire call Thursday night at The Village apartment complex around 7:25 p.m. Initial reports said a resident had smelled smoke coming from a faulty circuit breaker. No flame was ever spotted.